Friday, August 20, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (880-861)

880. "What A Good Boy" (Barenaked Ladies, Gordon, 1992)
These guys are much more than just tongue and cheek.

879. "Think I'm In Love" (Beck, The Information, 2006)
I always look forward to seeing what Beck does next.

878. "I Am A Tree" (Guided By Voices, Mag Earwhig, 1997)
Fuckin' Pollard...

877. "Penny Lane" (The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour, 1967)
It's hard to believe that I like 876 songs more than this one.

876. "Crackerbox Palace" (George Harrison, Thirty Three & 1/3, 1976)
The video for this debuted on SNL. They probably called it a "promotional clip".

875. "I Left My Love" (Union Pulse, Between Love & Addiction, 2009)
My buddy James, with the first of five entries on Fugazzi Grand. Hey, man....thanks for the weezer shirt today ! Check them out live, it's a good time.

874. "Frank Sinatra" (Cake, Fashion Nugget, 1996)
These guys are fun, my good friend Andrew C Fefer introduced them to me a long time ago.

873. "Bodies" (Drowning Pool, Sinner, 2001)
We used to have fantasy football draft theme songs, you know, to get the blood flowing. We used this in 2001.

872. "The Ride" (Joan as Police Woman, Real Life, 2007)
This is another great song I would have never heard if not for Paste Magazine.

871. "Carpetbaggers" (Jenny Lewis, Acid Tongue, 2008)
A new favorite, Lewis, duets with an old favorite, Elvis Costello.

870. "Roly Poly" (The Little Willies, The Little Willies, 2006)
Yes, that's Norah Jones!

869. "They're Red Hot" (Robert Johnson, The Complete Recordings, 1936)
The oldest song on the list, as far as year recorded. Been covered by Clapton, Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I still like the original best.

868. "I Ran (So Far Away)" (A Flock of Seagulls, A Flock of Seagulls, 1982)
I heard the guy that wrote it hates it, and won't perform it anymore. I wonder if he still has the same hair style.

867. "867-5309 / Jenny" (Tommy Tutone, Radio Hits of the 80's, 1982)
You see what I did there? You like that? Our phone number in Mauston was 847-5309, and my mom says we used to get a lot of calls for Jenny. True story...

866. "Organ Donor" (Jeremy Messersmith, The Reluctant Graveyard, 2010)
The album I'm listening to the most the last few weeks.

865. "10 lb Moustache" (Man Man, The Man in the Blue Turban, 2004)
This was an impulse buy after having dinner with Matt Schewe.

864. "The Un-American" (Matt Morris, When Everything Breaks Open, 2009)
Another album I'd like to buy soon. My birthday is October 2nd!

863. "Marquee Moon" (Television, Marquee Moon, 1977)
My adorable daughter thinks these are The Beatles, from the album art. I love her so much.

862. "Obsession" (Animotion, Pure 80's, 1985)
The theme to "Saturday Night's Main Event". Still reminds me of Hogan/Muraco or Savage/Steele.

861. "World Wide Suicide" (Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam, 2006)
Rollicking good time from Eddie Vedder and Co.

2 comments:

  1. right between Cake and George Harrison, eh? i tip my hat to you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but neither one of them have five, count 'em, five entries...

    ReplyDelete