Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#262 and #261)

(#262, Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin)

This double album is in my opinion Zepp's most eclectic album, and does not have a weak track in the bunch.  I know many of you will give me shit for not ranking this higher, but I was a little bit of a late bloomer when it comes to Zeppelin.  Neither of my parents listened to this band (to the best of my knowledge), so my education came from the first ex-wife, and my appreciation grew deeper with help from my second ex-wife.









Take a listen to "Boogie With Stu" ...




(#261, Swordfishtrombones by Tom Waits)

Speaking of exes, there is nothing I enjoy more in this world than watching Amber listen to Tom Waits records.  She never liked any of the music I did, and Tom Waits (and this album in particular) made her cringe.  This is the first of three albums in his mid 80's "trilogy", which also included Rain Dogs and Franks Wild Years.  With the help of Tom Hnasko, Waits has become one of my favorite artists of all time.








Here's "Underground" ... where's Amber?

No comments:

Post a Comment