Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#310 and #309)

(#310, Frank Black by Frank Black)

... and I'm not just saying this because Pixies are featured on the cover of Magnet this month, or because it's his birthday today.  Admittedly, I was late to the Black Francis / Pixies party, but have Dan Lozoff to thank for the invite.  This was his first solo record, but I didn't realize until earlier this evening that there were 21 of them since 1993.  And I thought Pollard was a songwriting factory.  Good Lord!









This is "I Heard Ramona Sing" ...




(#311, Expensive Vomit in a Cheap Hotel by Sleeping in the Aviary)

Wow!  Didn't realize these guys were based out of Madison, and found out just now they broke up recently.  That's too bad.  They were featured on Paste in March of 2007 as well as October of 2008, and this record has a ton of energy, another great record for the treadmill.











Take a listen to "Write On" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment