Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#290 and #289)

(#290, Veni Vidi Vicious by The Hives)

When Tiffany Herrera handed this to me right before I moved to Minnesota in 2002, I didn't think much would come of it.  Boy, was I wrong.  This album kicks ass in every way possible, and with it clocking in at 27:55, this is a perfect album to accompany my required 30 minutes of cardio a day.  And while the band has been somewhat under the radar since 2008, Howlin' Pelle Almqvist is one of the best frontmen in the game.








Take a wee listen to "Hate to Say I Told You So" ...




(#289, Gimme Fiction by Spoon)

Britt Daniel is two things ...

A) Matthew Schewe's doppleganger

B) One of my favorite members of the current indie rock community

This long player features some of the bands betters songs ... "The Beast and Dragon, Adored", "The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine", "I Turn My Camera On" and "Sister Jack".






Let's hear "The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment