Friday, April 11, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#296 and #295)

(#296, More Adventurous by Rilo Kiley)

Jenny Lewis owns one of my favorite voices in popular music.  I remember seeing that The Rock was going to be hosting SNL with musical guest Rilo Kiley, and doing some research because I wasn't familiar with the band.  Too bad that episode was cancelled due to a writer's strike, but I sampled a few records on iTunes anyway, and instantly loved what I heard.  It seems that Jenny has been dormant as of late, and I hope she does something new soon.








This is "I Never" ...




(#295, Terror Twilight by Pavement)

I didn't become a fan of Malkmus and Pavement until four years after the band broke up.  This is their last album, and while the album as a whole has less "hooks" then any of their previous four albums, I've always appreciated and enjoyed it anyway.  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on on the album art.










Here is "Carrot Rope" ...





No comments:

Post a Comment