Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#284 and #283)

(#284, Get Behind Me Satan by The White Stripes)

This is one of my favorite album covers ever, and the music here is pretty good, I'll have you know. Jack White trades in the heavy guitars for piano, marimba and acoustic guitars for a White Stripes album unlike any heard before it.  My favorite tracks from this record are "My Doorbell", "Little Ghost", "Passive Manipulation" and "I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)".   Count me in for a reunion when it makes sense for both of them.







Here's "Little Ghost" ...




(#283, Propeller by Guided By Voices)

This was supposed to be GBV's fifth and final album back in 1992, as the band was accumulating a lot of debt and not getting the national attention they were looking for.  This album is fittingly named, as this was the album that helped to propel them into the spotlight, as their two masterpieces, Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes would be recorded within four years of this coming out.  Any fans of GBV or Pollard that haven't heard this need to.








This is "14 Cheerleader Coldfront" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment