Monday, April 21, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#278 and #277)

(#278, Purple by Stone Temple Pilots)

Hey, remember rock and roll ?  Yeah, bands used to play rock and roll, not just Foo Fighters.  This is one of the better records to come out of the "grunge" era, and it's a shame the boys can't get along these days.  This record features a number of my favorite STP songs ... "Meat Plow", "Lounge Fly", "Interstate Love Song", "Still Remains" and "Silvergun Superman".










This is "Still Remains" ...




(#277, Lost Wisdom by Mount Eerie)

At 24:34, this may be the shortest record on the list, and it means I can listen to it at least five times to and from work (for the time being).  I believe it was young Matthew Schewe that introduced this band to me, and I thank him for that.












Here's "Lost Wisdom" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment