Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#312 and #311)

(#312, Belle and Sebastian Write About Love by Belle & Sebastian)

This is another band ...

a) I can't get enough of

and

b) Don't give enough time to

I know that these are contradicting statements, but the fact is, when I make the time for this band, I always love it, but I don't do it nearly enough.   Belle & Sebastian are the band that most resembles my diet.  When I make a salad and cut an apple, I always feel great, but for some reason, I still eat too many chicken wings.  This isn't the time or place to determine which bands represent the chicken wings, but I think you get my point.  The musicianship on this record is amazing, and since it's now been over three years since its release, I'm excited to hear what may be next.

This is "Write About Love" ...




(#311, Between Love and Addiction by Union Pulse)

James Tristan Redding is one of my favorite songwriters, and is one of my daughter's favorite humans.  From 2003 through 2011, Redding released an album every other year with his band, Union Pulse, and this is the fourth of those five albums.  James and the boys adopted more of an alt-country sound for this batch of songs, and the end result produced some of his best work.  "I Left My Love", "I Was Looking at Her, But I Was Thinking of You" and "Last Thing That I See" became live staples of the band over the next three years.  James released his first solo record in November of 2013, entitled "Walking Into Brooklyn".  As newgazzi readers may already know, this was my selection as the album of the year last year.  If you are a fan of James Tristan Redding, but have not been introduced to his work with Union Pulse over the year, this album and the three before it, can be found on iTunes, or right here !


This is "Okay Liza" from their Summerfest performance in 2011 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment