Friday, April 11, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#298 and #297)

(#298, Seven Swans by Sufjan Stevens)

Maybe it's unusual for an agnostic to enjoy an album of songs based on stories from the Bible, but that's exactly what the Bible is to me, a collection of stories.  The music here is beautiful.  What's strange is that I have connected with any of his other long players.












Here is "Seven Swans" ...




(#297, Heaven is Whenever by The Hold Steady)

This album came out right before I saw them live for the first time, so my first experience included a lot of these songs.  This is a great rock n roll band, and as good as they sound on the albums, they are incredible live.  A few of my favorites from this album are "The Weekenders", "Rock Problems" and "We Can Get Together".











This is "Rock Problems" from Ferguson ...

No comments:

Post a Comment