Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#274 and #273)

(#274, Separation Sunday by The Hold Steady)

I'm ashamed I haven't bought the new one yet, but until that I day, I will enjoy this and the rest of their discography.  I think these boys are playing Summerfest this year, and I will make every effort to make that show.

I alluded to the lack of true rock and roll bands currently on the scene earlier this week, but these guys are at or near the top of that list.









This is "Hornets! Hornets!" ...




(#273, Scott & Rivers by Scott & Rivers)

There really wasn't much fanfare for this when it came out, as it's only available in physical form in Japan (however, you can download this beast on iTunes).  That's exactly what I did, and I will let Weezer fans know this is the better than anything Weezer has put out since Maladroit.  While Weezer have confirmed they are currently recording album #10, with Ric Ocasek back at the soundboard, it's nice to know that Rivers has another creative outlet for when the band is on hiatus.







Take a listen to "Homely Girl" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment