Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#260 and #259)

(#260, Strawberry Jam by Animal Collective)

This album art may be the reason why my daughter does not enjoy strawberries, but I hope one day she appreciates the sounds that emanate from this album.  This has been a "go-to" record of mine for the last five years, and I never tire of it.












This is "Peacebone" ...




(#259, Van Halen by Van Halen)

This should have / could have / would have been the greatest rock band of all time had it not been for ego and in-fighting.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Hagar or Cherone eras, but David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony were incredible together, and I'll physically fight you if you disagree.  While 1984 is the record that everyone thinks of when they Van Halen are mentioned, their debut is still my favorite.








Here's "Feel Your Love Tonight" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment