Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#276 and #275)

(#276, Sideways by Rolfe Kent)

This is the soundtrack to one of my all time favorite films.  I like the film and music so much,  I framed an entire newgazzi playlist around four of the pieces featured on this album.  While this is #276 on my list of favorite albums, this is easily in my top 5 of favorite films, and I don't even drink wine.











Here's the trailer for the movie, followed by "Wine Safari" ...








(#275, The King is Dead by The Decemberists)

The Hazards of Love was a little too schmaltzy for my tastes, so this was a nice return to form for Colin Meloy and company.  Kevin Schneider helped me realize a few years back that "This Is Why We Fight" is a terrible song, and maybe this album would rank higher without it, but as a whole, this is a pretty solid listen.











This is "Down By the Water" from Austin City Limits...

No comments:

Post a Comment