Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#320 and #319)

(#320, Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear)

In all honesty, I don't remember how I stumbled upon this band.  I certainly didn't have a friend burn this album on a disc for me (because that's illegal), but I want to thank who ever it was that didn't do that for me.  I took a walk a few nights ago and listened to this, and I remember this is what I chose to listen to on my iPod while I was a waiting for the Weezer Pinkerton full album show to start in Chicago about three years back.









Here is "Two Weeks" ...




(#319, The Monitor by Titus Andronicus)

This is yet another recommendation of young Matthew Schewe.  A very good record to listen to while on the treadmill.  Very high energy from this New Jersey punk rock band.  My understanding is that this album is a concept record about The Civil War, but everything happens so fast that I don't know what the heck is being expressed, but it's the music's energy that I'm drawn to.









This is "A More Perfect Union" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment