Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#316 and #315)

(#316, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy by Sarah McLachlan)

I bought my first CD player in 1994, and I'm pretty sure this was one of the first non Billy Joel albums that I purchased on compact disc.  It wasn't the first (you'll find that out in December), but it was one of the first.  I haven't listened to this in a long time, but I think I will tonight.











Here is "Ice Cream" ...




(#315, Velocity of Sound by The Apples in Stereo)

Tiffany Herrera introduced this band to me, and a few years later, I couldn't think of the band name, and it was driving me nuts.  I called her, and said, "it was something food related".  She had no clue.  I called again.  "Peppermint something?"  Nothing.  Then about a few months later, another friend of mine, Dan Lozoff, and I were talking about bands we liked, and asked if I ever heard of The Apples in Stereo, and then it hit me.  APPLES!  That was it.   At the time of that conversation, I hadn't heard this particular album yet, but Dan took care of that, and it's been in regular rotation ever since.




This is "Rainfall" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment