Friday, April 25, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#272 and #271)

(#272, 25 by Harry Connick Jr)

A bare bones Harry Connick Jr recording, as every song except for the last one are simply solo piano and vocals.  It looks like Connick is keeping busy these days with American Idol, but I hope he has a lot of music left in him.  This album features many of my favorite Connick recordings ... "On the Street Where You Live", "I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)", "Tangerine", "Didn't He Ramble", and one of my daughter's favorite songs, "Lazybones".  Man, if this is #272, this list is about to get really, really interesting.






Here's "Lazybones".   See if you can hear Johnny Adams opening a can of coke near the end of the track ...




(#271, Guero by Beck)

It's weird to think that Bek David Campbell is going to be 44 this year.  He's one of my favorite album artists of all time, and the man who is responsible for that is Scott Radke.  Scott and I used to bowl every Friday back in high school, and I remember he used to wear the shit out of Mellow Gold are on way to the lanes in Menomonee Falls.  Scott also introduced me to Weezer, so Brent's big brother helped to shape a whole lot of this list.

This album is fantastic, as it borrows flavors from many of Beck's earlier records.





This is "E-Pro" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment