Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#354 and #353)

(#354, Everyday by Dave Matthews Band)

While critical response to this album was generally positive, this is the album that came out after The Lillywhite Sessions were scrapped (which later came out as "Busted Stuff"), and a lot of "Dave" purists did not embrace this record originally, and some still do not to this date.  This was the album that Dave plugged in, and the whole album has a different vibe than their first three records.  I really like when a band steps out of their comfort zone, and tries something artistically that is different from what they are used to, and I've always enjoyed this album.





This is the video for "I Did It" ...




(353, What's Wrong With This Picture? by Van Morrison)

One of the greatest vocalists of all time.  At the time I purchased this, I couldn't say I was a big fan, I was familiar with a few of his singles, which I liked, and bought this on impulse at Best Buy shortly after it came out. I think it was my attempt to broaden my tastes, as I remember a period of time where I was listening to a lot of The Offspring, Green Day, Sum 41, etc ... This has become a Saturday afternoon staple in my home.







Here's a live version of "Whinin' Boy Moan" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment