Monday, March 10, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#362 and #361)

(#362, Corinne Bailey Rae by Corinne Bailey Rae)

My sister told me about Corinne Bailey Rae, but I'm sure I referred to her as Corinne Rae Bailey for a few months.  Then I saw her on SNL, and became a fan instantly.  Her voice is just incredible, and I try to make time for this on a regular basis.  Sadly, she lost her husband to an accidental overdose a few years after this was released, and her follow up album didn't capture the same magic that this self-titled debut did.  She hasn't recorded a new album since 2010.  I hope she bounces back, the world needs a voice like hers.






This is a live version of "Like a Star" from Jools Holland ...




(#361, Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace by Foo Fighters)

This is probably the most diverse album that Dave and the boys have ever recorded, outside of In Your Honor, which was a double album of rock songs on the first disc, and acoustic songs on the second disc.  This album takes the best of both of those approaches.  Some of the bands best songs ever recorded can be found here, including my vote for the best rock song of the 21st Century, "The Pretender".








This will rock your socks off .... "The Pretender" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment