Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#356 and #355)

(#356, Maybe You Should Drive by Barenaked Ladies)

From 1998 to about 2003, this was the band I probably spent the most time listening to.  This is their second album, and each of their first five records are spun frequently in my household.  I played this record for my daughter this past weekend, and she's become a fan too.  My favorite tracks from this album are "Jane", "A", "Everything Old is New Again", "Alternative Girlfriend", and "Life, in a Nutshell".









This is "Life, in a Nutshell" from their Ships & Dip thing from 6 years ago ...




(#355, Green by R.E.M.)

This is R.E.M.'s major label debut, and perhaps their "poppiest" sounding album, but I've never seen it as the band selling out.  Yes, "Pop Song 89", "Stand" and "Orange Crush" are some of their most radio friendly songs, but regardless, the music on this album stands out.  For my money, R.E.M. were the best album artists of the 80s, so get ready for a whole lot more of them from me on this list.









Here's the video for "Pop Song 89".  I always do the shoulder dance thingy when I sing this song ...

No comments:

Post a Comment