Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#338 and #337)

(#338, A Winter Tale by Bobby Long)

This was the definition of an impulse buy a few years back.  I was working at the Mayfair UW Credit Union branch, and after work, I wanted to burn a gift card I recently received, and this was on sale for $6.99.  Never heard of the gentleman, wasn't really inspired by much else on the shelf, and was intrigued by the song titles, and perhaps was hoping for another Bon Iver type experience.  While I cannot put it in that same category, it is a very pleasant listening experience.







Here's an acoustic version of "Dead and Done" ...




(#337, The Suburbs by Arcade Fire)

I was afraid that this might not live up to the hype, after "Neon Bible" put these kids on the map in 2007.  But this is a very good record that certainly did live up to expectations.  I really can't explain why I'm in the minority when it comes to their debut album, "Funeral", which I never really got into, nor have I listened to "Reflektor" yet.  That being said, this is a sonic joy that needs to be heard.









Here's the title track ...

No comments:

Post a Comment