Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#382 and #381)

(#382, Elton John by Elton John)

I understand that I had every opportunity to make changes to this list before posting it, but as I type this, I'm thinking this should be listed a little bit higher.  The songs here are some of Elton's best, and lyrically, these are some of Bernie Taupin's strongest.  There is not a single weak track here.  Personal favorites of mine are "Your Song", "I Need You To Turn To", "Sixty Years On", "Border Song" and "The Greatest Discovery".  This will be a vinyl purchase for me at some point.







This is a live performance of "The Greatest Discovery" from Melbourne, Australia, in 1986 ...




(#381, Live Rust by Neil Young & Crazy Horse)

The performances on this record were recorded in 1978 at various venues in North America.  Admittedly, I'm not a huge Neil Young fan, but there are a handful of his records that I've given my time to that I really enjoy.  I wasn't aware he wrote "Lotta Love", either.  Thanks, Howard!











Here's "Like a Hurricane" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment