Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#370 and #369)

(#370, Goldfly by Guster)

Over the past 13 years, Guster has become one of my favorite bands to see live, and I still really enjoy their records.  Many of my favorite Guster songs can be heard on this record ... "Great Escape", "Perfect", "Airport Song" and "Bury Me".












This is "Airport Song", from Guster's first ever national television appearance, on Late Night with Conan O'Brien ... these guys are awesome.




(#369, Employment by Kaiser Chiefs)

In 2005, we ventured to Cleveland for a Bears/Browns game, and on the way, took in a Weezer/Foo Fighters show, which kicked ass.  The opening band that night was Kaiser Chiefs, who I hadn't heard of, and we actually missed their set.  When we got back to Milwaukee, I bought their CD at Atomic Records, and came to regret missing them play in Cleveland.  This album is fun from start to finish.  I recently listened to it three times in a row, and never tired of it.  Of course, Amber was a sleep, that would have driven her nuts.  This is not a knock on the Kaiser Chiefs, she is just more of a shuffle gal.  I feel safe saying these things, because she doesn't read newgazzi.



Here's "Everyday I Love You Less and Less" ... try not to love it.











No comments:

Post a Comment