Friday, March 28, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#328 and #327)

(#328, Wild Mountain Nation by Blitzen Trapper)

Don't be fooled by this being ranked #328, I could listen to this record all day.  I love iTunes review ... "if you don't like what you're hearing, wait 30 seconds".  Wild Mountain Nation has a lot of things I look for in a great record.  The songs are eclectic, it comes in around 33 minutes, and it represents a unique sound.  Just a fantastic listen ...









This is "Wild Mountain Nation" ...




(#327, Figure 8 by Elliott Smith)

This ended up being the final album released before Smith died in 2003, however, there have been two posthumous releases since then.   I really wasn't familiar with Elliott Smith until he passed away, and I believe I ripped a few of his albums from a friend.  I couldn't really get into "Either/Or", but I connected with this one right away.










Here is "Son of Sam" from Late Night with Conan O'Brien ...

No comments:

Post a Comment