Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#352 and #351)

(#352, Torches by Foster the People)

Nick Jim Korth gets full credit for this album making the list.  Hadn't even heard of them when he recommended that I give this album a listen.  Shortly after the recommendation, I heard "Pumped Up Kicks" on the radio for the first time, and it quickly became one of those songs that I couldn't get out of my mind, nor did I mind that.  Then I saw them play on SNL, and thought enough of the performances to buy the record.  I enjoy listening to this one in the car a ton.








Here is the insanely catchy "Pumped Up Kicks" ...




(#351, Outer South by Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band)

I have a weird relationship with Conor Oberst's music.  Some days, it really hits the spot, and some days, it's the last thing I want to hear.  Even as I type that last sentence, it doesn't make any sense to me.  But when I do make the time for this album, I always enjoy it, but probably would  have ranked it higher if it wasn't 70 minutes long.









Here's the opening track, "Slowly (Oh So Slowly)" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment