Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#376 and #375)

(#376, Want One by Rufus Wainwright)

One of my favorite voices on the planet.  One of my dream concerts would be to see Rufus Wainwright with a full orchestra and sing a bunch of sad bastard songs.  As much as I love this album, I never purchased Want Two, which is confusing to me, as I am somewhat of a completist.  I guess it's time to sample it on iTunes soon.  The highlights here are "Oh What a World", "Pretty Things", "Go or Go Ahead", "11:11" and "Dinner at Eight".








This is "Oh What a World" ...




(#375, Them Crooked Vultures by Them Crooked Vultures)

I love supergroups, and it doesn't get more super than this.  Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones!  When they played SNL a few years back, I thought it was one of the best musical performances in years.  The album is just pure, straight ahead rock and roll, played at its very best.  At least once a week, I check their wikipedia page to see if their has been any progress made on the much talked about second album.  Great record, a must listen.







This is "Mind Eraser No Chaser" ... a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment