Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#334 and #333)

(#334, Sound City: Real to Reel by Sound City Players)

This is the last album ever recorded on the Neve console that Dave Grohl purchased from Sound City Studios.  This soundtrack to the documentary features Grohl and a who's who of rock demigods.  I love that Dave Grohl has become the custodian for the spirit of rock n roll in the 21st century.  When the Grammy's need a rock band, they call Dave.  When Sound City's story needed to be told, Dave stepped up.  There's something on this record for everyone.







Here is "You Can't Fix This", featuring Stevie Nicks, from Letterman ...




(#333, Imperial Bedroom by Elvis Costello and the Attractions)

This is considered by many to be Costello's magnum opus.  It's no secret that Elvis Costello has become my favorite artist over the past ten years or so, and I still haven't heard all of his albums yet.  It seems like once a year, I buy something from his back catalogue, and there's always something tasty to hear on the records.  I bought this about five years ago, based on many of the reviews I've read, and front to back, this is a solid listen.






This is a live version of "Shabby Doll" featuring Fiona Apple ...

No comments:

Post a Comment