Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#348 and #347)

(#348, Back in Black by AC/DC)

This is the first album recorded with Brian Johnson as lead vocalist and lyricist, and has sold over 50 million copies worldwide, 22 million in the US alone.  When I was a kid, I was led to believe that this band was "satanic", but after becoming a young adult, and deciding that I had a mind of my own, I came to the conclusion that this is just a really good hard rock band, and this album kicks ass.  I grew up with my cousin Jimmy, and he was a big AC/DC and Metallica guy.  I never really became a Metallica fan, but I've really learned to appreciate what AC/DC brought to the table.





Here's a recent live performance of "You Shook Me All Night Long" ...




(#347, MTV Unplugged by Jay-Z)

Featuring the legendary Roots crew ...  Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of rap.  I've owned a few of Jay-Z's studio albums, but grew tired of them pretty quickly.  I can assure you, it's not a race thing.  I love Mookie Wilson, we own the entire series of The Wire on DVD, and  Demond Stewart just joined our fantasy baseball league.  I just don't connect to rap on a very high level.  But I really do enjoy the vibe of this record.







Here's the whole show!

No comments:

Post a Comment