Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#380 and #379)

(#380, Wonderful by Adam Ant)

This is probably trivia I should share for later in the list, but the first cassette I ever owned was Adam Ant's Friend or Foe. I'm not sure exactly how or why that went down the way it did, but I remember when Wonderful came out in 1995, I felt like I needed to give this a chance.  It turns out, I spent a ton of time with this record in 1995 and 1996, and still really enjoy it today.  When he released Adam Ant is the Blueblack Hussar in Marrying the Gunner's Daughter last January, I was hoping for more nostalgia.  I just couldn't get into it.  But this, I'll always love.  More mature, more acoustic than his past stuff.





Here's "Beautiful Dream" ...




(#379, Beautiful Freak by Eels)

Another album that probably should have been ranked a little higher than I have it here.  This has been a "go-to" album for me over the past six months.  "Susan's House" and "Not Ready Yet" have become favorites of over the years.  Very much looking forward to the release of The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett, which comes out later this year.  In the meantime, if you are not a fan of Eels, this is an excellent place to start.








No comments:

Post a Comment