Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#368 and #367)

(#368, Noble Beast by Andrew Bird)

I discovered Andrew Bird on Paste in 2009, and shortly thereafter, found out that he had a cup of coffee with a little outfit called Squirrel Nut Zippers.  This album is a pleasant listen, but it requires the right mood.  This isn't something that I can pull out at any time, but when I make the time for it, it's exactly what I needed at the time.  I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say, but I can tell you that Noble Beast is a beast of a record, that you need to hear.






This is "Fitz and the Dizzyspells" ...




(#367, The Only Place by Best Coast)

Dream Pop.  Surf Pop.  Garage Pop.  Indie Pop.  Whatever you want to call it, this is just a really good pop record.  One of my favorites in recent years to listen to in the car at night.  My daughter loves the album art, too.













Here is the title track, "The Only Place" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment