Friday, March 28, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#324 and #323)

(#324, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco)

This was my introduction to Wilco back in 2003, and I did not like it at all for a few years.  It took listening to "A.M." a few times to get me to come back to this record.  Who knows what turned me off to it initially, but I consider it to be pretty solid now.  There are a number of records on this countdown that I did not embrace at first that became favorites over time.  I still refer to this album as "Yankee Foxtrot Hotel".  "War on War" from this record was the first ever song featured on a Paste sampler ...






And here it is, live from Letterman ...




(#323, Moms by Menomena)

Once again, I thank Matt Schewe for introducing this band to me.  The two gentlemen that make up this band planned on writing and recording an album with the theme of mothers in mind, and this is the fruit of that labor.  Great musicianship and nice batch of tunes, here.












This is "Capsule" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment