Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#366 and #365)

(#366, Transference by Spoon)

I have to share this quote from Ben Conoley.  "With Transference, Spoon take a more minimalist approach than predecessors Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga and Gimme Fiction, demonstrating that great rock music doesn't need more than confidence, swagger and good hooks."  I really couldn't have said it any better myself.











This is "Written in Reverse" ...




(#365, Shootenanny! by Eels)

Despite a negative review from Pitchfork, who gave this record a 2.8 out of 10, I happen to like Mark Oliver Everett when he takes more of a "less is more" approach.  When I became a fan of Eels in 2005, this was the first record of his back catalogue I listened to, and pull it out quite often.












Here's a grainy live performance of "The Good Old Days" worth checking out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment