Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (340-321)

340. "So What'cha Want" (Beastie Boys, Check Your Head, 1992)
One of my favorite songs to drive to. Love the bass...

339. "When Did Your Heart Go Missing?" (Rooney, Calling the World, 2007)
Definitely need to pick this up. Eureka is all sorts of good, I bet this is too.

338. "Range Life" (Pavement, Crooked Rain Crooked Rain, 1994)
Mr Kemper has got me hooked on Pavement. Just heard Watery, Domestic for the first time this week. Nice little E.P.

337. "Heavenly" (Harry Connick Jr, We Are in Love, 1990)
One of my all time favorite songs to sing. If only I shared bills with someone who liked Connick, I'd sing it way more.

336. "Let's Stay Together" (Al Green, Greatest Hits, 1972)
Really cool moment at the 25th anniversary special of SNL, Al Green sang this as all the living cast members in attendance reunited on stage.

335. "Strawberry Fields Forever" (The Beatles, 1967)
My daughter's current favorite Beatles song.

334. "What'd I Say (Part 1)" (Ray Charles, Genius)
Was there a part 2?

333. "I'm A Believer" (The Monkees, Best of, 1966)
Another song that will always remind me of Brewers baseball, especially the 1987 team. Weezer covered this as well this year for the final Shrek flick.

332. "Let's Get It On" (Marvin Gaye, 1's, 1973)
I almost went with Jack Black's version from "High Fidelity".

331. "My Funny Valentine" (Matt Giraud, American Idol, 2009)
You may snicker at this, but this was the guy I wanted to win in 2009. All respect to Danny Gokey, but I was a Matt Giraud guy, much like my boy Phil Hohlweck was a Clay Aiken and Chris Daughtry guy...

330. "Another Day" (Jamie Lidell, Jim, 2008)
Another must have. Great vocalist, and a really good sound.

329. "Linus & Lucy" (Vince Guaraldi Trio, 1965)
Perhaps the most played song in my head on this entire list. I am a huge Peanuts fan, I am passing it down to my daughter, and the strip and TV specials will always be a huge part of my life.

328. "Keeping the Faith" (Billy Joel, An Innocent Man, 1983)
This album is just fun to listen to. Such a thrill when I got this for Christmas in 1983.

327. "Maggie's Farm" (Bob Dylan)
Another artist that I've started to really appreciate the older I get.

326. "Woman" (John Lennon, Working Class Hero, 1980)
One of Lennon's last gifts to the world. I'm furious that he was taken from us.

325. "My Hometown" (Bruce Springsteen, Born in the USA, 1984)
I look forward to playing this for Gracie and my unborn children when I take them back to Brown Deer.

324. "Gone Away" (The Offspring, Ixnay on the Hombre, 1997)
This song is a departure from what we're all used to with the Offspring. The video is pretty haunting, too.

323. "My Way" (Frank Sinatra, Best of, 1960)
Go ahead, make your fun, but I remember when they played this over a Roddy Piper montage right before he retired. I cried. I was 11, people.

322. "Goodnight Goodnight" (Hot Hot Heat, Elevator, 2005)
Much like Modest Mouse and Snow Patrol, I grew tired of these guys over time, but this song is hella-catchy.

321. "The Other Side of Summer" (Elvis Costello, Mighty Like a Rose, 1991)
"Was it a millionaire....who said imagine no possessions? A poor little schoolboy who said we don't need no lessons"

No comments:

Post a Comment