Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (560-541)

560. "Easy Lover" (Phil Collins & Philip Bailey, Hits, 1984)
It's my daughter's birthday party, please, let's not fight about this.

559. "Barrytown" (Ben Folds Five, Me Myself & Irene, 2000)
It was after I heard this Steely Dan cover that I became a huge Ben Folds Five fan. Went out and bought all three records almost immediately.

558. "I Try" (Macy Gray, On How Life Is, 1999)
"my world crumbles when you are not here"

557. "Hand in My Pocket" (Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill, 1995)
Hey, James! Here's an idea for a cool song to cover.

556. "Don't Know Much" (Ronstadt & Neville, Box Set, 1989)
I could have easily left this off the list, but I wanted this list to be real. Musically, there's not much here, but the lyric and vocals are enough to put this at 556.

555. "My Girl" (The Temptations, My Girl, 1964)
So fun to sing...

554. "Calico Skies" (Paul McCartney, Flaming Pie, 1997)
I only own 2 proper McCartney solo records, but you can bet when they remaster and reissue his catalog, I'll be first in line.

553. "Happy Together" (The Turtles, Happy Together, 1967)
This is another song I'd love to own on vinyl.

552. "Old Shit/New Shit" (Eels, Blinking Lights, 2005)
I discovered Eels right before Gracie was born, and in five years, they've become one of my top ten or so favorite bands.

551. "Pocketful of Miracles" (Frank Sinatra, Very Best of, 1960)
One of my favorite songs in the world to sing.

550. "Fool in the Rain" (Led Zeppelin, In Through the Out Door, 1979)
This was actually the first Zepp song that I loved.

549. "The Last Stop" (Dave Matthews Band, Before These Crowded Streets, 1998)
Take a listen....this is a dirty song!

548. "45" (Elvis Costello, When I Was Cruel, 2002)
To be honest, I wasn't crazy about this record at first, but it has really grown on me over the past few years.

547. "Hey Nineteen" (Steely Dan, Decade, 1985)
This song is not about Robin Yount.

546. "Country Caravan" (Blitzen Trapper, Wild Mountain Nation, 2007)
I'm overdue picking up their new one.

545. "Bad Businessman" (Squirrel Nut Zippers, Hot, 1997)
I love this band, and I really enjoy singing this song.

544. "If This Is It" (Huey Lewis & the News, Sports, 1983)
How can you have a top 1000 list without something from "Sports"

543. "Taxman" (The Beatles, Revolver, 1966)
"there's one for you, nineteen for me"

542. "Rabbit Fur Coat" (Jenny Lewis, Rabbit Fur Coat, 2006)
I want to be neighbors with Jenny Lewis, so I can knock on her door and borrow things.

541. "Home" (Marc Broussard, Carencro, 2004)
Amber and I do not have a lot in common as far as musical taste. This is one of the artists we both enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment