Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (640-621)

640. "My Way" (Limp Bizkit, Chocolate Starfish..., 2000)
Just for the record, no other Bizkit song would have made Fugazzi Million, but this was the theme to WrestleMania XVII, yeah, the one where Austin turned heel. I blared this minutes before Dave and I tangled in Fantasy Bowl XVII last year.

639. "Days of the Week" (Stone Temple Pilots, Shangri-La Dee Da, 2001)
The last great STP song.

638. "Meet Me in the Garden" (Dent May, Good Feeling Music, 2009)
Quite honestly, I'm not sure this song, or this artist have the staying power to be on a future list of this magnitude, but I'm still diggin' it ... for now.

637. "The High Road" (Broken Bells, Broken Bells, 2010)
Unlike the previous song, this song and artist will continue to rise the charts. Again, a few mistakes were made in the making of this list. I like 637 way more than I do 638.

636. "Dani California" (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stadium Arcadium, 2006)
I wore this out when this came out in 2006. At one point, it was in the top 100 most played songs on my ipod.

635. "Is It Any Wonder?" (Keane, Under the Iron Sea, 2006)
Pretty, pretty, pretty awesome.

634. "Fall Like Rain" (Eric Clapton, Pilgrim, 1998)
A lot of my friends are down on Clapton. I'm still a fan... Amber, quick, name three Clapton songs!

633. "Stiletto" (Billy Joel, 52nd Street, 1978)
One of my all time favorite intros....

632. "For Once in My Life" (Tony Bennett, Fifty Years, 1967)
I've heard many different interpretations of this song, this is still my favorite.

631. "Oh What a World" (Rufus Wainwright, Want One, 2003)
It's about time I added some more Rufus to the catalog.

630. "My All Time Doll" (Elvis Costello, Secret Profane and Sugarcane, 2009)
Did I mention that this is my daughter's favorite album ?

629. "The Ghost of Tom Joad" (Rage Against the Machine, Renegades, 2001)
This version is amazing. Was that Tom Morrello at Game Seven of the 2003 NLCS ?

628. "Time Has Told Me" (Nick Drake, Five Leaves Left, 1969)
I discovered Drake in my five months in Minnesota in 2002. All three of his records are staples in my rotation.

627. "Charlie Darwin" (The Low Anthem, Oh My God Charlie Darwin, 2008)
Very unique, kind of like the Dent May record, I'm not sure if I'll love it as much 10 years from now...

626. "I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself" (The White Stripes, Elephant, 2003)
This is a Burt Bacharach song, and Jack and Meg kick ass on this cover.

625. "Fight For Your Right" (Beastie Boys, Licensed to Ill, 1986)
....busted.

624. "Jessie's Girl" (Rick Springfield, 80's Gold, 1981)
Another song that I remember from Mauston.

623. "Steal Away" (Robbie Dupree, Robbie Dupree, 1980)
One of my earliest radio memories. I think Dupree recently played this on Fallon.

622. "Asshole" (Beck, One Foot in the Grave, 1994)
Tom Petty covered this for the "She's the One" soundtrack. I like both versions, but the original, in this case, is a little bit better.

621. "The Way You Make Me Feel" (Michael Jackson, HIStory, 1987)
No denying that Michael Jackson was an incredible entertainer. Great song.

1 comment: