Monday, September 6, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (480-461)

480. "Against All Odds" (Phil Collins, Hits, 1984)
As a whole, I'm not a fan of Phil Collins, but he does have a handful of songs I really enjoy.

479. "Danny's Song" (Kenny Loggins, Essential Loggins, 1972)
I honestly didn't realize this was a Kenny Loggins song until about 5 years ago.

478. "Don't Worry Baby" (Billy Joel, My Lives, 2005)
This is obviously a very popular Beach Boys song, but this live cover by Billy Joel is the one that I'm "charting".

477. "Celebration" (Kool & the Gang, Celebrate, 1980)
Just a really fun song.

476. " '03 Bonnie & Clyde" (Jay Z & Beyonce, The Blueprint, 2002)
In three years, Amber and I will record this as the " '13 Bonnie & Clyde", and nobody will buy it.

475. "Last Nite" (The Strokes, Is This It?, 2001)
When this first came out, I wasn't sure it would have staying power, but it has.

474. "Five Long Years" (Eric Clapton, From the Cradle, 1994)
This is by far by favorite Clapton record.

473. "Boxing" (Ben Folds Five, Ben Folds Five, 1995)
The lyrics depict a fictional conversation between Mohammed Ali and Howard Cosell.

472. "Genie in a Bottle" (Christina Aguilera, Christina Aguilera, 1999)
Funny story. Moser and I were trying to get "Tall" Rita to go bowling with us one night, and Moser said, "C'mon, Rita. You're a genie in a GODDAMN bottle". I guess you had to be there.

471. "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" (Eve & Gwen Stefani, Scorpion, 2001)
I don't care how old I become, this will always be on heavy rotation on the ipod.

470. "Stupid Girl" (Garbage, Garbage, 1995)
Very cool, I'm really surprised I don't own this entire album.

469. "Lump" (PUSA, PUSA, 1995)
I guess, in the end, this became more of a novelty record, but I don't care, I still think it's great.

468. "Eye of the Tiger" (Survivor, Survivor, 1982)
Don't tell me you don't get pumped up when you hear this. I still do.

467. "Twilight Campfighter" (Guided By Voices, Isolation Drills, 2001)
This is actually the first GBV album I ever heard. Didn't dig it at first, and only came back to it after hearing Alien Lanes and Bee Thousand about a year later.

466. "I Go To Extremes" (Billy Joel, Storm Front, 1989)
I think this song was written for me.

465. "Bette Davis Eyes" (Kim Carnes, 1981)
It should bother me more how obvious of a chain smoker Kim Carnes was with those vocals, but it worked on this track.

464. "Trouble With Dreams" (Eels, Blinking Lights, 2005)
I saw Mark Oliver Everett perform this song on Letterman in his pajamas, and thought at the time that it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

463. "Say Say Say" (McCartney & Jackson, All the Best, 1983)
When we were kids, me and my friend Sean would sing this song and pretend to re-enact the video. He was Michael. I was Paul.

462. "What Would You Say" (Dave Matthews Band, Under the Table..., 1994)
The first time I heard this song on the radio, I thought it was the most unique record on the radio at the time, and instantly loved it.

461. "Hate To Say I Told You So" (The Hives, Veni Vidi Vicious, 2000)
What energy, these guys never disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment