Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (440-421)

440. "You Can't Get What You Want" (Joe Jackson, Body & Soul, 1984)
Not to be confused with the Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want", (which is currently backstage, waiting to be announced on the list itself).

439. "These Eyes" (The Guess Who, Best of, 1968)
Michael Cera in SuperBad. Brilliant...

438. "Stand" (R.E.M., Green, 1988)
Why were they crucified for this song?

437. "The Girl is Mine" (Jackson & McCartney, Thriller, 1982)
Think about what a historic collaboration this was for a minute.

436. "True" (Spandau Ballet, Gold, 1983)
The idea of the ipod was created for songs like this.

435. "Our Life Is Not a Movie or Maybe" (Okkervil River, The Stage Names, 2007)
Put this band at or near the top of the list of bands I'm stickin' with for the long haul.

434. "Like A Star" (Corinne Bailey Rae, 2006)
An incredible voice, this song will continue to rise the charts if I continue to make these lists.

433. "My Girls" (Animal Collective, Merriweather Post Pavilion, 2009)
Why, oh why, Todd are you not feeling this band ?

432. "Junk Bond Trader" (Elliott Smith, Figure 8, 2000)
This is the one long player of his I've stood by over the years.

431. "Ocean Breathes Salty" (Modest Mouse, 2004)
I am completely done with this band as far as new stuff, but I still really like this song. I still remember when they played SNL. It felt at the time like seeing your little brother make it.

430. "Hotel Yorba" (The White Stripes, White Blood Cells, 2001)
Discovered the White Stripes in my MTV2 phase of 2001-02. Have been a huge fan ever since, especially of Meg.

429. "Border Song" (Elton John, Elton John, 1970)
I've decided that I'm going to rip Rolling Stone magazine off again in the future, and count down my top songs of particualar artists. Gonna do Elton John first.....please act surprised when I get to the top 25-30 or so songs.

428. "Help!" (The Beatles, Help!, 1965)
This is my favorite of the Beatles movie soundtracks.

427. "Centerfield" (John Fogerty, 1985)
The only thing keeping this song out of the top 100 is the fact that I made a huge, huge mistake.

426. "Better Things" (Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, 2010)
I can't believe she's 55 years old!

425. "With Imagination" (Harry Connick Jr, Blue Light Red Light, 1991)
These early 90's Connick records will be huge staples in my record collection for as long as I'm around.

424. "Suits are Picking Up the Bill" (Squirrel Nut Zippers, 1998)
I love singing the Zippers .... DEAL WITH IT, SUZY ....first ex-wife, I think her name was Suzy. Sounds familiar. I just remember she hated the Zippers, and that her name may or may not have been Suzy.

423. "Being With You" (Smokey Robinson, My World, 1981)
I believe this is my mom's favorite song.

422. "With or Without You" (U2, The Joshua Tree, 1987)
What a great lyric...."I can't live...with or without you". Who hasn't felt this at least once.

421. "The River" (Bruce Springsteen, The River, 1980)
Bought this at Exclusive Co for $7.99. Incredible deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment