Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (520-501)

520. "The Middle" (Jimmy Eat World, Bleed American, 2001)
Really catchy chorus, fun tune.

519. "Vertigo" (U2, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, 2004)
1...2...3...14 !

518. "Write On" (Sleeping in the Aviary, Expensive Vomit..., 2008)
A Matthew Schewe referral that just won't quit.

517. "Second Chance" (Liam Finn, I'll Be Lightning, 2008)
I liked this song so much, I named my credit union workshop after it.

516. "Comfy in Nautica" (Panda Bear, Person Pitch, 2007)
Schewe again. One night eating wings, I said, "recommend something with an awesome "track 1". This was that recommendation.

515. "Brass Digger" (Starlight Mints, Built on Squares, 2003)
Heard this on "World Cafe" driving home one night. Bought it a week later.

514. "Can't Stand It" (Wilco, Summerteeth, 1999)
I just found out that there is a cover version of this album available now, with all Wisconsin artists playing these songs. I won't buy it though, because The Celebrated Workingman contribute a track, and the lead singer is a douche.

513. "Illusion, Coma, Pimp & Circumstance" (Prince, Musicology, 2004)
"she knew what fork to use, but she couldn't dance"

512. "You Get What You Give" (New Radicals, Maybe You've Been..., 1998)
I think they disbanded immediately after this came out, but this song will always be cool.

511. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (U2, Joshua Tree, 1987)
Here's Todd, hitting the dislike button.

510. "If You Don't Love Me" (Pete Droge, Dumb and Dumber, 1994)
This is one of the best sounding soundtracks I own.

509. "The Places We Lived" (Backyard Tire Fire, The Places We Lived, 2008)
I need to pick this up soon.

508. "Conventioneers" (Barenaked Ladies, Maroon, 2000)
"so I wait, come in late, it be great, if you transferred out of state"

507. "Come Down in Time" (Elton John, Tumbleweed Connection, 1970)
You know by now that there are songs on the list that should be either higher or lower on the list. Right after I completed the list, I realized this was way lower than it should be. After further review, this should be in the top 300 or so.

506. "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" (R.E.M., Monster, 1994)
The Dan Rather song.

505. "About A Girl" (Nirvana, Bleach, 1989)
All three Nirvana studio albums are essential.

504. "Secret Meeting" (The National, Alligator, 2005)
This album, in just three years of listening to it, has become one of my all time favorite records.

503. "Brilliant Mistake" (Elvis Costello, King of America, 1986)
Excellant record by "The Costello Show".

502. "Borderline" (Madonna, The Immaculate Collection, 1984)
I'll be honest, Jill. I liked this song back in the days I said I hated it.

501. "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" (Wham, Make It Big, 1984)
George Michael is gay ???? What in the world ????

No comments:

Post a Comment