Friday, September 10, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (400-381)

400. "I've Got a Woman" (Ray Charles, Genius, 2009)
This is my favorite artist's favorite artist.

399. "Right Hand Man" (Joan Osborne, Relish, 1995)
The crown jewel of Relish.

398. "Barfruit Blues" (The Hold Steady, Almost Killed Me, 2004)
"She said it's good to see you back in a bar band, baby. I said it's great to see you're still in the bars".

397. "Clint Eastwood" (Gorillaz, Gorillaz, 2001)
The greatest animated band of all time.

396. "The Future Freaks Me Out" (Motion City Soundtrack, 2003)
This song beats Weezer at their own game.

395. "Island Girl" (Elton John, Rock of the Westies, 1975)
Just a very fun song that I've always enjoyed.

394. "You Are So Beautiful" (Joe Cocker, 1974)
A simple sentiment, a great song.

393. "Black" (Pearl Jam, Ten, 1991)
Up until a few months ago, this song was called "Meyer". This is for you, Terri. Just checking to see if you're still paying attention.

392. "The Funeral" (Band of Horses, Everything All the Time, 2006)
I believe Kevin Schneider got me into this record.

391. "Walk This Way" (Run DMC & Aerosmith, Raising Hell, 1986)
Shit. I promised no Aerosmith on the list. I guess I was wrong, but I assure you, no Kiss, Nickelback, Richard Marx, Train or Creed.

390. "An American Girl" (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers)
The Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits album is my favorite Greatest Hits album of all time. It is perfect for a jukebox.

389. "The Sound of Settling" (Death Cab For Cutie, Transatlanticism, 2003)
Saw these guys at the Rave with Ben Kweller opening after this record came out, and I've been a huge, huge fan ever since.

388. "Seven Nation Army" (The White Stripes, Elephant, 2003)
Wait a minute. Is that a bass guitar I hear???

387. "Freedom of '76" (Ween, Chocolate and Cheese, 1994)
Awesome album art, and a really fun song.

386. "New Sensation" (INXS, Kick, 1987)
This. Is. The. 80's.

385. "One Week" (Barenaked Ladies, Stunt, 1998)
The Barenaked Ladies always seem to have one song on each album that features rapping. This one, "Pinch Me", that one postcards song. The last 3 or 4 albums have been disappointing, and I stopped being a huge fan after Maroon (which I love), but I will always make time for this song.

384. "Wildflowers" (Tom Petty, Wildflowers, 1994)
Rick Rubin and Tom Petty made a masterpiece.

383. "We're Going to Be Friends" (The White Stripes, White Blood Cells, 2001)
One of my favorite SNL musical performances ever was this song.

382. "A Room of Our Own" (Billy Joel, The Nylon Curtain, 1982)
One of my favorite songs to sing in the shower.

381. "The Weather" (Built to Spill, Ancient Melodies of the Future, 2001)
"As long as it's talking with you.....talk of the weather will do"

No comments:

Post a Comment