Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (540-521)

540. "Id Engager" (Of Montreal, Skeletal Lamping Gemini, 2008)
This song may be listed a little higher than how I feel at the moment, I really have to be in the right mood with Of Montreal. I'm sure a week from now, I will feel that I listed it too low.

539. "St Teresa" (Joan Osborne, Relish, 1995)
Andy Gilson hates Joan Osborne. I love her.

538. "Let It Be Me" (Ray LaMontagne, Gossip in the Grain, 2008)
His new one was purchased after the list was made, but I'm sure 2 or 3 of those songs would've made this list had it came out a month earlier.

537. "Belated Promise Ring" (Iron & Wine, Around the Well, 2009)
Would love to see this guy live.

536. "Forever, For Now" (Harry Connick Jr, We Are in Love, 1990)
Connick is one of my favorite performers. I've seen him twice, and would love to see him again.

535. "Who Cares" (Tony Bennett, Fifty Years, 1967)
It's how I feel today.

534. "Let Them Ring the Bells" (The Little Ones, Sing Song, 2006)
Awesome debut E.P.

533. "Stay (I Missed You)" (Lisa Loeb, Tails, 1995)
Gracie's mom hates this song, and towards the end, I would sing it a lot, just to piss her off.

532. "Lucky" (Jason Mraz, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things, 2008)
Was not a fan until I saw him on SNL a few years back. Bought the record the next morning.

531. "There's Hope For You" (William Elliott Whitmore, Animals in the Dark, 2009)
Jamie Armata likes this record so much, he referenced it for his fantasy football team name this year.

530. "I Love Music" (Flunk, For Sleepyheads Only, 2002)
When I was hired at UW Credit Union, I had to spend 2 weeks in Madison for training. At night, I would browse for music at Borders. I bought this on impulse my first night out there.

529. "Smooth Criminal" (Alien Ant Farm, ANThology, 2001)
I hear a lot of booing. How can I go with this version over the original?? Because I like it more.

528. "Addicted to Love" (Robert Palmer, The Very Best of, 1986)
The video was awesome, too.

527. "The Ballad of Billy the Kid" (Billy Joel, Piano Man, 1973)
Great storytelling here.

526. "Bananas and Blow" (Ween, White Pepper, 2000)
A very fun listen.

525. "This Too Shall Pass" (OK Go, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, 2010)
Have you seen the video yet? Do it now!

524. "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" (Dean Martin, Dino, 2004)
When I heard that was just apple juice in his cup, I dunno, I felt betrayed.

523. "Take Five" (Dave Brubeck Quartet, Time Out, 1959)
This is my favorite instrumental album of all time.

522. "Would?" (Alice in Chains, Dirt, 1992)
Great vocal.

521. "White Flag" (Gorillaz, Plastic Beach, 2010)
This may be the 2010 album I've listened to the most thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment