Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#386 and #385)

(#386, One Foot in the Grave by Beck)

Look, am I gonna sit here and tell you that I had a copy of this before Mellow Gold came out?  Hell no, and if anyone says they did, they're lying to you, because although this was recorded before Mellow Gold was, it wasn't released until well after we all pretended to know the words to "Loser".  Scott Radke is responsible for introducing this man's music to me, and a big thank you to him for doing so.  This is one of a select few artists that tells the world they are releasing something new, and I'm first in line.  By the way, Beck's new album came out two days ago, it's called Morning Phase.  This particular record sounds nothing like Odelay or Midnite Vultures, but still an essential record if you are a fan of Beck.


This is "Asshole", a song Tom Petty would cover just a few years later for the "She's the One" soundtrack ...




(#385, Monsters of Folk by Monsters of Folk)

This is what happens when Conor Oberst, Jim James, M Ward and another guy get together and collaborate.  I love the idea of the supergroup, and this is one that I would like to hear more of.  I think The Roots sampled this record as well.













This is a cool video for "Dear God" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment