Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#406 and #405)

(#406, Simple Things by Zero 7)

A former co-worker turned me on to this band about four years ago, and this album has become one of my favorite albums to listen to right before I go to bed.  As it turns out, Sia Furler, who contributes vocals on a couple of this record's songs, was featured on Paste about a year before I heard this album for the first time.











Here is "Destiny", featuring Sia on vocals ...




(#405, Almost Killed Me by The Hold Steady)

I've actually forgotten who introduced this band to me, but who ever you are, thank you.  This is just a really good rock n roll band, and they are really good live.  This is their debut album, and I'm curious if they recorded this album first, then named the band The Hold Steady, or named the band The Hold Steady, then decided to incorporate the name of their band into 3 or 4 of these songs.









This is a live version of "Barfruit Blues" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment