Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#438 and #437)

(#438, Apocalypse by Bill Callahan)

I discovered Bill Callahan on the Paste samplers in 2009, with a song called "Eid Ma Clack Shaw".  I loved the song enough to rank it as my 930th favorite song of all time in 2010.  For some reason, I never bought the record that song appeared on, "Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle", but I purchased the follow up, "Apocalypse", a couple of years ago.  Bill Callahan has one of my favorite vocal styles in music today, and it really won't be long until I eat up the rest of his discography.  The musicianship is great, and the storytelling is just as good.  Great listen while laying in bed.





Here's the video for "America!" ...




(#437, Reveal by R.E.M.)

I remember buying this the same day that Weezer's "Green Album" came out.  Some friends of mine aren't crazy about this record, but I think this is R.E.M. at it's most melodic.  The songs are great, and they fit well together.  I regret that I never got a chance to see R.E.M. live, but I will always have the records, which by the way, you will see more of as this list goes on.










Won't you please enjoy the video for "Imitation of Life" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment