Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#408 and #407)

(#408, Hold Time by M Ward)

M Ward is one of my favorite musicians, and this album is a sonic joy.  Great arrangements, great songs, I love the whole thing.  As I've stated before, I need to take the time to become familiar with everything this man has recorded, and soon.













Here's "Never Had Nobody Like You", live from Schubas in Chicago ...




(#407, Here We Go by Emily Forst)

Emily Forst.  Remember the name.  The first time I heard Emily perform Jeff Buckley's "Lover, You Should Have Come Over", I knew that this would be an artist that I would pay close attention to for years to come.  Emily has it all ... musical chops, a great voice, a great stage presence ... this recording is just the beginning for this multi-talented young woman.   Personal favorites of mine are "Here We Go", "Thomas", "Song I Never Wrote", "Saltwater Love" and "Box of Lies".







Here is "Here We Go", which I featured on newgazzi Vol 1, one year ago ...

No comments:

Post a Comment