Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#428 and #427)

(#428, Together Alone by Crowded House)

Sometimes when I'm record shopping, whether it's at Exclusive Company or on iTunes, I buy something from a band I've never heard of, completely on impulse, just to see what comes of it.  I became a fan of Neil Finn's son, Liam, in 2008, and I after I bought one of Liam's record, iTunes recommended that I listen to this one.  And because of that recommendation, it is now #428 on my all time list of top albums.









Here's the video for "Nails in My Feet" ...




(#427, Bryter Layter by Nick Drake)

I became a Nick Drake fan in the summer of 2002.  I had just moved to Minnesota, I didn't have any friends out there, so I'd talk to my staff about music and pop culture.  One of my employees introduced me to Drake's album, "Pink Moon", and shortly thereafter, I had found copies of his other two records.  Nick Drake was only 26 years old when he was taken from us, but his music will live forever.









Here's "Northern Sky" from Bryter Layter ...




No comments:

Post a Comment