Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#416 and #415)

(#416, Welcome Interstate Managers by Fountains of Wayne)

To many, this may be referred to as the "Stacy's Mom" record.  But it's so much more.  "Hackensack" is one of my favorite songs, "Little Red Right" is catchier than hell.  The bands bass player, Adam Schlesinger, wrote a lot of the music for "That Thing You Do!", one of my favorite movies, and (spoiler alert) one of my favorite records (spoiler alert), as you will find out in April.








Here's a doubleheader ... "Stacy's Mom", followed by a live version of "Hackensack" ...






(#415, The Loon by Tapes n Tapes)

I became a fan of this band, almost by accident, really.  I was watching a 24 hour Human Giant takeover on MTV in May of 2007, and this one one of the bands that was featured.  This coincided with an iTunes gift card balance I was currently carrying, so I bought this a few days later.  The comparisons to Pixies and Pavement are fair, but these guys do just fine on their own, and some day, newer bands will draw comparisons to them.








This song is called "Cowbell" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment