Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#390 and #389)

(#390, amorica. by The Black Crowes)

You can probably tell by the album art that this is not a record I listen to a ton while my daughter is in the room.  But like every eight year old girl, Gracie has a bed time, and this is in heavy rotation while she is counting sheep. This is just good rock and roll music, played very well.  I had a chance to see these guys live about five years ago, and inexplicably gave the tickets to my ex-wife.  I mean, I hope she had fun, and I don't regret the gesture, but what was I thinking?








This is "She Gave Good Sunflower" ...




(#389, Wrecking Ball by Bruce Springsteen)

I ranked this as my 7th best album of 2012, and the only thing that kept it out of the top 3 was MLB's overuse of the song "Land of Hopes and Dreams", and for the same reason, this album isn't ranked higher this time around.  Even though I haven't heard those ads for over a year now, they still pop up in my head every now and then.  All kidding aside, this is a solid effort from The Boss.







This is "Death to My Hometown".  I tried to find the performance from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (which was the tits), but could not find it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment