Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#430 and #429)

(#430, Scarecrow by John Cougar Mellencamp)

I used to love John Mellencamp.  Then I got tired of him.  Now, I've found myself coming back to his material.  This is an album I've always enjoyed, and I've been working on a Mellencamp playlist for the iPod the last few weeks.  If this makes any sense, I think this is Mellencamp's best Springsteen album.











Here's a favorite of mine, "Lonely Ol' Night" ...




(#429, Meat is Murder by The Smiths)

I was never a fan of The Smiths or Morrissey, but I was always fascinated with Thomas Lennon's fascination with The Smiths and Morrissey.  So I asked around.  If I need a proper introduction to The Smiths, where should I start. Most recommended this album.  I took advantage of a healthy iTunes gift card balance to buy this about three years ago, and I'm glad I did.









Here's a song that wasn't originally a track on the record, "How Soon is Now?" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment