Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#432 and #431)

(#432, Relayted by Gayngs)

Justin Vernon and his buddies record an entire album of songs inspired by 10cc's "I'm Not In Love" ?  Sign me up.  "The Gaudy Side of Town" and "The Last Prom on Earth" are the best cuts, but their cover of Godley & Creme's "Cry" is the piece de resistance.












Here's a live performance of "The Gaudy Side of Town" ...




(#431, Built on Squares by Starlight Mints)

Shortly after I started my career at UW Credit Union, my buddy Howard Goldstein introduced me to 88.9 here in Milwaukee, which has become the only radio station I give the time of day to these days.  This was one of the first things I heard, and loved instantly.  And for you trivia buffs out there, this was the first album I ever bought on iTunes.  I still enjoy this as much as I did when I first heard it a little over 10 years ago.








I think "Brass Digger" would be a good introduction, if you're hearing this band for the first time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment