Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#402 and #401)

(#402, Normal Happiness by Robert Pollard)

Bob Pollard is a one prolific son of a bitch when it comes to writing catchy pop songs, and this is easily his poppiest album ever recorded.  "Accidental Texas Who" is a typical Pollard song.  How did he come up with the title, and why can't I get it out of my head?












Here's "Boxing About" from the album ...




(#401, The Way I See It by Raphael Saadiq)

I heard rumors a number of years ago that this gentleman was producing a single that Elton John and Billy Joel were working on together.  It never happened, but I was still curious about his music.  I like the comparisons to Smokey Robinson, and this album most definitely has a 60's soul feel to it.











This is an uptempo version of  "Sure Hope You Mean It" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment