Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#434 and #433)

(#434, Lungs by Florence + the Machine)

I really can't explain why I love this album so much, yet could never get into "Ceremonials".  I'm feeling left out.  As is the case with most popular music these days, I discovered this album about 6 months after the rest of the world did, but was blown away by her performance on SNL to promote this record.  I guess her third record will help me determine if I'm a fan of this band or if they peaked at "Lungs".









Here's "Dog Days Are Over" as performed on The Late Show with David Letterman ...




(#433, 20 by Harry Connick Jr)

I wish there were 25 hours in a day, so I could devote one hour each day to listen to this man play piano, and not miss out on the rest of my life.  This is the first album that Connick released for Columbia that featured vocals (on 6 of the 11 songs recorded).  The duet with Dr John, "Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans" is the highlight of this recording, but I also love "Basin Street Blues" and "Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me".  Some of his best piano playing can be heard on this album ...







I dare you to say this isn't cool ...









No comments:

Post a Comment