Friday, February 14, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#410 and #409)

(#410, Daisies of the Galaxy by Eels)

As you learned earlier on in Fugazzi Grand: III, I became a fan of Eels in the summer of 2005, right before I became a father.  It's kind of cool when Gracie responds to Mark Oliver Everett's music, when she hears it in her Shrek movies.  This is a great record, and the best album art of their discography.  I'm a big fan of "Grace Kelly Blues", "I Like Birds", "Flyswatter", "It's a Motherfucker" and "Jeannie's Diary".







The melody of "Flyswatter" reminds me of the Ben Folds song, "Gracie", which of course I love.  Here's the video for "Flyswatter" ...




(#409, Has Been by William Shatner)

This is a joke, right?  Far from it.  This is not a novelty record.  Produced, arranged and co-written by Ben Folds, and featuring guest appearances by Joe Jackson, Aimee Mann, Henry Rollins and Brad Paisley, this record is very musical and Shatner's spoken word approach to the lyrics works here.  I've been wearing this out for a few years now.  There really isn't a weak track on the record.









This is "It Hasn't Happened Yet" ...











No comments:

Post a Comment